I’ve talked before about my morning skin care routine, so I thought I’d share the products I use in the evening. Before buying any products, I always research it on EWG’s Skin Deep database to be sure it is completely non-toxic (I try to only buy products rated 0-2, which is the least toxic).
This probably looks like a lot of work, but I spend less than 4-5 minutes doing all of this. For me, it is a nightly ritual where I get to slow down, take care of myself, and prepare for bed, so I enjoy making this small extra effort. This is the order I do things:
1. Beautycounter Routine Cream Cleanser. This gentle face wash really removes make up while soothing my skin. I love it because it doesn’t burn my eyes when I wash off my eye make up. It also moisturizes as it cleans, which I love for my dry skin. The subtle scent is really nice, too. I often use it in conjunction with my Clarisonic Mia (11.), which is a cult favorite for good reason! (EWG 2)
2. Beautycounter Rosewater Uplifting Spray. I love using toner as part of my routine. It helps prep the skin so it better absorbs any additional products applied. The subtle rose scent is a bonus. (EWG 1)
3. Tom’s of Maine toothpaste. It might seem funny to include toothpaste in a skin care routine, but I find it is vital to let products soak in before moving on to the next, so I use this time to brush my teeth. It makes the whole routine more efficient. (EWG 1)
4. Aura Cacia Organic Tea Tree Oil. If I have any blemishes, I apply a tiny bit of tea tree oil at this point. Just add a few drops to a q-tip and apply where needed. Fluctuating hormones of pregnancy get me every time! (EWG 1)
5. Countertime Radiance Firming Complex. I’m a major fan of this serum. It fights fine lines and discoloration, and I have definitely seen an improvement in both areas. My skin is more “glow-y” as someone told me—super nice to hear after a long night with a sick baby! To me, the best part about it is that it is still non-toxic. All of the other serums I have come across that are effective contain harsh ingredients, which I am not willing to use (especially while pregnant and/or breastfeeding). And a little bit goes a long way with this stuff. Definitely my favorite item out of everything. (EWG 2)
6. Countertime Vibrant Eye Perfector. I’ve loved this eye cream for a while. For someone who has dark circles with or without sleep, I really appreciate a product that solves that for me while still being safe. A must for me. (EWG 1)
7. Glide Floss. Next up I floss my teeth while the serum and eye cream absorb. I tried using Tom’s floss but it felt like flossing with shoelaces—it was just too thick. So I am not sure Glide floss is the purest out there, but it does a great job. I can’t go to sleep without flossing.
8. Acure Organics Argan Oil. I use argan oil in place of a moisturizer. It has almost no scent, goes on smoothly and absorbs quickly. This goes on once the serum has soaked in. In really cold months, I use a heavier night cream, but for now this works. (EWG 0)
9. Raw Organic Shea Butter. I use this for my lips and it moisturizes throughout the night. It is hard when you first get it out of the jar, so you’ll have to rub it in to soften it. It only takes a moment, and it has been incredible for my lips. It is also great for hands and cuticles. (EWG 0)
10. California Baby Organic Body Oil. I often take showers at night, and if so, I apply this baby oil after. I find it moisturizes more intensely than lotion alone. (EWG 1) (This isn’t the exact body oil I use, but the one I am finishing up is discontinued, and I will be buying this brand when I need a new bottle).
Many of the products here are from Beautycounter, a brand I have been passionate about for a long time. With a mission focused on extreme safety, Beautycounter’s products are not only effective, but they are completely non-toxic. After using and raving about this brand for many months, I decided to become a consultant. I am very proud to be working with Beautycounter and sharing their message that all products on the marketplace should be safe. I used every product listed here before becoming a consultant (except for the Rosewater), so I can tell you without bias how effective each of these are. In fact, it is only because I thought the products were so incredible that I got involved on an official level. If you’d like to learn more about why I love it so much, please don’t hesitate to ask.
This routine of course evolves through the seasons and as my skin changes, but for now, this is what works for me. My top priority is to use the safest products on the market that also get the job done, and I feel like I’ve finally found those very things.